Thursday, 25 August 2016

Experimenting with images and software

Now that I am refining my ideas as to what I want to say about food, I also have to decide how I want to present the subject in a photomedia image. I am using Photoshop to manipulate images and also composite images - combining elements of multiple photographs into one image.

I am not a big fan of fantasy in photomedia. I like montage and collage. Juxtaposing images to show the complexity of our existence feels like the right way to go with this project. In so many ways, the consumption of food, which we need to survive, can also make us unhealthy and susceptible to illness. Connecting with the source of food, might make the relationship we have with it easier to understand and manage. Food has become a bit of a natural fetish that we have. So this is where I am at the moment. I would like to restore food to a proper place in my thinking.

Here is a composited image in the vein of collage.

I can eat and cook wholesome food at home, but is this enough of an understanding? 



 

No comments: